- Moved to London to work as a researcher at a trading firm G-Research
- Invited talk at the NeurIPS workshop on Learning Meets Combinatorial Algorithms
- Invited talk at INFORMS 2020!
- A fresh RL paper Sample-efficient Cross-Entropy Method for Real-time Planning!
- Our paper Optimizing Rank-based Metrics with Blackbox Differentiation was among the ~25 nominees for the best paper award at CVPR2020 (out of ~1400 papers). Yay!
Who am I? Machine-learning researcher, Python geek, math olympiad enthusiast, occasionally problem-solving teacher in Africa, mountain lover, amateur Waltz dancer
My research mission:
- Black magic for extracting signal from financial markets :).
- Use combinatorial algorithms to improve deep learning.
- Use deep learning to improve combinatorial algorithms.
- With the above two, compete on computer vision benchmarks.
Other research topics: keypoint matching, metric learning, constraint satisfaction, reinforcement learning, generative models, disentanglement, stochastic optimization, graph neural networks, operations research